They were using a yellow thing to remove the silver mast thing from the truck. (Now you know why I'm not an engineer, I don't know the technical terms for these contraptions).
This truck had a fire at the end of March 2013. I'm not sure what caused it except there was some sort of voltage overload involving equipment inside and a security guard that keeps an eye on a parking lot next door spotted the flames and smoke and called the fire department. I was secretly disappointed because it happened in the evening when I wasn't at work so I didn't get a chance to get photos of the fire department at the station. I live for excitement of any kind, you know. It's very rare to have this sort of drama at work.
You'll see below that I did take a picture of a part of the burned electronic equipment the day after it happened. It's taken over a year after the fire until they're finally at the point of taking what equipment they can salvage off of the truck and the remaining hulk will be towed away.
Goodbye live TV truck. You gave us good television at places other than the station and went down in flames.... literally.
|The yellow thing takes the silver thing out of that old live TV truck|
|This somehow reminds me of a date I've had|
|Part of the burned up equipment inside of the live truck.|
This photo was taken on March 27, 2013 shortly after the fire.